On 01.08.2023, a new phase of the Basic Needs project “Support and provision of basic needs of particularly vulnerable people affected by the war living in the zone of 0-50 km along the contact line in the South and East of Ukraine”, funded by ICF Caritas Germany with the participation of GFFO (German Foreign Office), began in the Charitable Foundation Caritas Kramatorsk.
The project currently provides assistance to local residents and IDPs in Bakhmut and Kramatorsk districts living in the high-risk and hostilities area (up to 50 km from the frontline) with limited humanitarian access (towns and villages with up to 5000 inhabitants) in Donetsk Oblast.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- No source of income (income per person is less than UAH 5,865 per month);
- Critical unmet basic needs;
- Belonging to vulnerability categories:
- people with disabilities of groups 1 and 2;
- single elderly people (over 60 years old);
- large families (with more than three minor children);
- single parents/guardians (living together with a minor child);
- pregnant/lactating mothers with children under 3 years of age;
- seriously ill.
People who meet the criteria with the highest number of points and do not receive assistance from other organizations are selected for assistance.
The help you can get:
- a one-time cash charitable assistance (grant) in the amount of UAH 6,660 per 1 person, by transferring it to an IBAN account. The maximum amount of assistance per family is 4 grants. The financial assistance is designed to cover basic needs for 3 months;
- a one-time cash charitable assistance (grant) in the amount of 6600 per person for seriously ill patients (purchase of medicines and medical equipment, diagnostics, treatment, rehabilitation, examination, surgery) by transferring to an IBAN account.
Reporting is expected: by checks 1 month after receiving the aid, but no later than two months.
Due to the active hostilities and proximity to the contact line, the project staff conducts online registration for the above types of assistance.
To do this, the beneficiary needs to install the WhatsApp or Signal application.
For more information and advice, you can call the hotline 0800336734 from Monday to Friday from 09:30 to 16:00. There, the staff will provide more details on the terms of participation in the charitable assistance programs and guide you on the next steps to register for assistance in the project.